First United Methodist Church of Montgomery, Alabama, is searching for a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. Worship is the heart of the identity of this church, with two traditional worship services and 1,200 attendees. There are 50-75 youth in youth programs with the potential for growth. Excitement is growing, as FUMC has committed to put sustainable structures in place for the youth ministry and has active adult volunteers serving. This program needs a leader who is ready to lead the youth program and mentor youth interns. The main responsibilities:
• Lead youth: The DYM will seek, build, and strengthen relationships with the youth, their families, the youth staff, and adult volunteers, as well as, enable relationships to be built between the youth and youth volunteers. The Director of Youth Ministries will nurture these relationships to ensure the youth are growing in their journey of becoming disciples of Jesus Christ.
• Manage processes: The DYM will recruit, equip, and build teams of youth ministry leaders and volunteers. The Director of Youth Ministries will oversee all youth programming to ensure events bring an atmosphere of belonging and fellowship that will support the development of spiritual discipleship.
• Five years of experience in leading a youth ministry program
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a Christ commitment
• Ability to lead a team supporting mission, vision, and core values of FUMC
• Ability to lead people and manage processes effectively in short-term planning and long-range planning
• Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church