FUMC Washington, NC is seeking a full time youth leader.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Planning and implementing faith-based experiences for students in grades 6-12 aimed at spiritual development, discipleship and community building.
2. Developing a calendar of gatherings, meetings, outings and special events.
3. Develop and use Social Media and Technology in an appropriate manner.
4. Recruiting, training and working with a team of parents and other lay volunteers.
5. Creating and maintaining a safe and organized climate for youth ministry.
6. Developing relationships with students and their families, inside and outside of church.
7. Meeting regularly with the rest of the church staff.
Desired attributes of applicants are:
1. Ability to clearly articulate his/her personal faith and knowledge of scripture.
2. Ability to relate to Jr. and Sr. High students as a mentor and discipler.
3. Ability to plan ahead and communicate with students and families on a regular basis.
4. Ability to keep confidentiality when necessary.
5. Ability to delegate responsibilities to others and hold them accountable.
6. Ability to develop and deploy leaders.
7. Ability to work within the policies and budget of FUMC
8. Have a working understanding of Wesleyan Theology and the Social Principles of the United Methodist Church and willingness to support both.
9. A degree in Christian Education or related field and 3 -5 years experience preferably.