St James is seeking a part time youth director who has a deep love for God. They should also have a love for teens and a desire to help them in their growth spiritually as they mature into young adults. The director will encourage participation in worship as well as involvement in church/community outreach. The director will respond to the spiritual and social needs of our 6th-12th grade youth by developing and coordinating weekly programming, building relationships, and providing a consistent and inviting faith-based environment in conjunction with parents, adult volunteers and church staff.
• Invest in relationships with the youth, and coordinate with adult volunteers to be sure that each youth has a designated adult for relationship building.
• Plan the Sunday program, making use of web and print resources and tailoring for our program.
• Recruit, train and encourage adult volunteers with youth.
• Coordinate program leadership with adult volunteers ahead of time so that volunteers know their role and expectations.
• Communicate with the Youth Coordinator (a volunteer role) and parents the special event needs of the group and obtain a volunteer coordinator of the event.
• Participate in special events as planned by adult and youth volunteers.