Grace United Methodist Church
438 W. Friendly Avenue
Greensboro NC 27401
Status: 25-30 hours weekly
Salary Range: 25,000-35,000; to be determined based on experience
Grace United Methodist is a vibrant, growing church in downtown Greensboro looking for a dynamic youth leader who has a passion for helping students grow in their faith and building relationships with youth and their parents.
General purpose of position: To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach all while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
The primary task of the youth minister is to love youth just as they are, be inclusive of all youth, encourage youth in developing their relationship to God and provide them with opportunities to nurture and grow in their faith.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must embrace Christian faith and character, and be open to teaching and learning United Methodist doctrine
2. A bachelor’s degree in a related field
3. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills
5. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
Supervision: The Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) reports to the Pastor in cooperation with the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC).