Position Status: Full-time (40 hours)
3. Lead all facets of the Youth Program which includes but is not limited to Sunday School, Bible Study, Youth Group, and Confirmation Class.
4. Develop or implement curriculum for use in all programming that follows the United Methodist doctrine/tradition
5. Realize growth in the Youth Group in both grace and number based on attendance records and participation in discipleship opportunities
6. Follow United Methodist Safe Sanctuaries policy at all times
7. Plan annual retreat and mission opportunities for the youth to include budgeting, fundraising, registration, etc.
8. Recruit, train, and cultivate adults to be co-youth ministers
9. Hold meetings and communicate with Youth parents on a regular basis and additionally as needed
10. Coordinate and lead annual Confirmation process.
11. Build a plan to support the Director of children’s ministries to have a cohesive transition for children into the youth program.
12. Build relationships with (both HUMC and non HUMC) children, youth and families, by contacting them regularly at home, at school events and at church, etc.
13. Foster a positive example of interpersonal relationships, family life, moral and ethical character as well as be a mentor and teacher
14. Develop events, programs and gatherings to which participants can bring friends who maybe seeking a church family
15. Be committed to a long-term development of family ministry with enthusiasm and dedication to working directly with people of all ages