The DSM will oversee weekly student bible studies, United Methodist Youth Fellowship, and Sunday School for students. The DSM will also plan and coordinate retreats, mission opportunities, fundraising events, and other student gatherings. The DSM will provide pastoral care for youth and families. The DSM may also create and implement new member formation, participate and engage in worship planning, and lead in worship through liturgy. The DSM will also engage in intentional relationships with college students in the Metro Jackson area including support of Millsaps Wesley Connexion, as well as remaining in relationships with Galloway collegians in other geographic areas.
The ideal candidate will:
• Exemplify a contagious enthusiasm for Christ and students.
• Be grounded in Wesleyan theology and United Methodist doctrine.
• Embrace a commitment for long-term planning and implementation of Galloway’s student ministry.
• Have the ability to function as part of a team in the wider circle of ministry (staff, volunteers, and lay leadership).
• Have the ability to coordinate with volunteers to implement all aspects of the ministry.