First United Methodist Church (http://www.fumct.org/) of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries. As vibrant congregation of 2500, First United Methodist Church influences their community with the core values of radical hospitality, passionate worship, international faith development, risk-taking mission and service, and extravagant generosity. The Director of Student Ministries’ primary focus is to help students take their next steps to becoming life-long disciples of Jesus Christ.
The main responsibilities are:
• Provide Leadership: The Director of Student Ministries will oversee all youth ministry programming, supervise the youth ministry staff, and guide the youth department in implementing a sustainable ministry model.
• Equip youth, families, and volunteers: The DSM will recruit, equip, and build teams of youth ministry leaders and volunteers
• Develop relationships: Develop relationships with students, families, and volunteers, as well as, provide opportunities for students to develop relationships with other students and youth ministry staff and volunteers.
• A minimum of five years of experience in leading a youth program
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to implement sustainable structures and vision for the youth program
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate well with parents and teams of staff and volunteers
• Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
For more detailed information or to submit a resume, please contact Kate at email@example.com.