Summary of Duties:
This position will provide leadership and direction for effective MCUMC middle school, high school and young adult ministries.
This includes program development. Also included is recruiting, training, and oversight of volunteer leaders with the goal of effective ministries, youth community outreach, and missions as well as the management of the Next Gen Ministry budget.
Essential Functions of the Position
• Design, implement and continue to build upon existing student & young adult programs that integrate relationship building, worship, spiritual formation and missional opportunities
• Collaborate with volunteers to develop opportunities for Next Gen Ministries
• Recruit, develop and train students and adult volunteers who wish to participate in the planning and execution of Next Gen & church wide ministries
• Collaborate with church staff & key lay leaders to integrate Next Gen Ministries into the overall life of the church
• Provide oversight & support for weekend and midweek programs to include Christian education and social time
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of the Next Gen Ministry budget
• Maintain adequate and appropriate communication with students, parents and the church regarding Next Gen Ministries. Use all available means to communicate with the congregation and community, i.e.; website, social media, bulletin, monthly Pipeline and all other avenues. Use technology effectively and appropriately
• Bachelor’s degree desired; Religious studies or further theological education preferred