Middletown United Methodist Church, a suburban congregation in the east end of Louisville, Kentucky is looking for a Director of Music/Worship Ministries. The successful applicant for this position will begin January 2016.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Middletown UMC is an active congregation with three worship services embracing contemporary, blended and traditional worship styles.
The Director of Music Ministries works with Worship Design Team in the creative planning of worship for all services. S/he is responsible for the management and planning/performance of all music ministry programs while nurturing an atmosphere of serving God through leading others. The music ministry is to enhance worship, spiritual formation and congregational life. The Director of Music Ministries is to display a deep personal faith and understanding of the meaning, use, and place of music in various styles of Christian worship. S/he will be an outstanding worship leader offering different styles of music to reach the needs of a diverse congregation and community.
1. Worship Leadership / Administration
• Participate with the pastors and music staff in the creative planning of worship for Sunday and all special services, with an emphasis on Biblically-based, thematic worship
• Select and organize all music and other components for the order of worship for all services working closely with Worship Design Team
• Be the staff liaison and supervise the work of the Worship Committee
• Supervise music/worship personnel, both paid and volunteer
• Communicate faithfully with the pastors and staff in the coordination of prog