Central United Methodist in Monroe NC is seeking a full time Director of Music Ministry to direct, plan, and implement the music program in alignment with Central UMC’s Vision to CONNECT WITH GOD, CONNECT WITH EACH OTHER, AND CONNECT WITH OUR COMMUNITY.
Qualifications: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Master’s preferred (but not
required), demonstrated musical talent, both vocal and instrumental (including the Casavant organ), strength in conducting, ability to positively communicate with staff and volunteers, organizational skills, ability to provide music in a digital format for on-line services and vision to grow the music ministry of the church. Knowledge and Commitment to support United Methodist Theology and Polity.
•Plan, rehearse, and direct weekly Chancel Choir, Praise Band, Trinity & Handbell Choir
• Plan, rehearse, and direct Central Brass (11:00 Traditional Service and other)
• Plan, rehearse and direct special music
• Oversee Celebration Singers Children’s Choir and other musical ensembles
• Arrange for supplemental music
• Provide music at weddings and funerals
• Direct Community Chorus with Union County Symphony in December
• Direct Central Festival Choir – Lenten Services, Ash Wednesday, Palm Sunday, Easter,
Annual Lessons and Carols Service, and Christmas Eve Service
• Schedule and prepare soloists and small music groups
• Arrange organ, piano, and handbell maintenance
• Other assigned tasks that would support the music ministry’s efforts and/or fulfill the
church’s mission statement
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. View job description at https://centralumcmonroe.org.