The Director of Music Ministries is responsible for the coordination and oversight of the music ministry of the church. He/she must demonstrate genuine appreciation for and competence with both traditional and contemporary musical expressions.
The Director of Music Ministries is primarily responsible to the Lead Pastor, and secondarily responsible to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee. This position is based on a 20 hour per week schedule and has flexibility of schedule to accommodate for evening and weekend responsibilities.
• Ability to build teams that reflect spiritual vitality, positive relational dynamics, and musical excellence
• Ability to read music and play at least one musical instrument (preferably keyboard)
• At least two years of post-secondary education and a strong background in music
• Confidence and effectiveness speaking before groups
• Experience in choral conducting, vocal performance, and church music ministry
• Basic computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, e-mail)