Salaried at $21,000
Hours per week: 25-30 to include planning, preparation, rehearsal, worship, & other administrative tasks.
Routine duties & responsibilities:
• Research, plan, & prepare music for 2 services each Sunday and other special events, playing piano and keyboard as required. Consult with pastor weekly and coordinate with other staff as needed.
• Collaborate with pastor and worship committee for special & seasonal events such as Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, etc. including cantatas and other special opportunities.
• Direct choir and praise team and conduct weekly rehearsals; recruit new members, seek out instrumentalists, and other ways to add to the worship experience. Teach/rehearse with soloists and other special groups as needed.
• Direct adult hand bell choir and conduct weekly rehearsals and recruit new members.
• Assist the children’s ministry as needed with special musical presentations.
• Maintain and develop the music library.
• Build relationships in the community through music and the creative arts.
• Maintain church safe sanctuary training and guidelines.
• Attend Worship Committee and quarterly Church Leadership Council Meetings.
• Develop annual strategic goals in consultation with pastor and other church leadership.
• Seek out and attend continuing education opportunities to further musical knowledge and skill set.