Orange United Methodist Church in Chapel Hill is seeking a Director of Music and Arts for Contemporary Worship. Responsibilities include planning, supervising, directing, and conducting of the contemporary service. This position is part-time, requiring an average of 20 hours per week.
Desired qualifications: A degree in music and/or demonstrated effectiveness/experience in leading music for contemporary worship services; ability to recruit and retain praise band members; ability to relate well to all age groups; evidence of creativity; and organizational, communication, human relations, and supervisory skills.
* Select music for each contemporary worship service
* Actively recruit, equip, motivate, and retain praise band members including A/V support personnel.
* Rehearse the praise band on a weekly basis and schedule other rehearsals as needed.
* Direct the praise band at all contemporary worship services during the year.
* Select and order music for the praise band and maintain the expenditures
* Supervise the maintenance of the musical assets and equipment used in the contemporary service.
*Coordinate and prepare use of video, projection, and sound for the contemporary worship service.
* Schedule vocalist, musicians, and A/V support for services.
* Developing mastery of sound system in fellowship hall, Planning Center, SongSelect,
PraiseCharts, and ProPresenter.
*Attend weekly meetings of Ministry Team.
For complete job description, visit http://www.orangemethodist.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Director-of-Music-Arts-for-Contemporary-Worship.pdf