Asbury United Methodist Church of Birmingham, Alabama, a vibrant congregation of 2300 members located in the heart of the city, is seeking a full-time Director of High School Ministries who has a God-given passion and love for working with students. The Director will provide a comprehensive ministry and discipleship program that includes the development in the areas of discipleship, equipping and empowering lay leaders, and partnering with parents in the spiritual development of youth.
The director will report to the Pastor of Family Formation and will serve on a team that also includes a full time Director of Middle School Ministries, and a part-time Program Support Coordinator, and part-time Worship Leader.
Qualifications for this position include:
– Bachelor’s degree preferably with a Bible/Theology or Education major/minor, or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– A deep, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ, a demonstrated spiritual maturity and a commitment to a faithful Christian lifestyle consistent with the confessions of the United Methodist Church
– Strong organization, administrative and budget management skills.
– A charismatic personality able to train and lead volunteers and staff.
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from students, parents, staff, leaders or congregation.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and inquiries can be directed to Robert Mercer, Pastor of Family Formation.