• Serve as an ex officio, non-voting member of both the Children’s Ministry Council and the Youth Ministry Council. The Director shall resource and advise the members of these Councils and lead the Church in carrying out a comprehensive plan for Children’s and Youth Ministry as directed by the Council.
• Lead the Children’s and Youth Councils in planning, organizing, and coordinating all Children’s and Youth Ministry, including submitting an annual budget for Children’s and Youth Ministry to the Finance Committee.
• Recruit, equip, and train teachers and volunteers for Children’s and Youth ministry;
• Coordinate and participate in Children’s Church on Sunday morning and Sunday evening Children’s and Youth ministry programs;
• Develop and coordinate special programs for Children and Youth including, but not limited to:
An annual Vacation Bible School Program;
Annual programs during Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter;
An annual Back to School even for children and youth;
Outings such as Pilgrimage, Beach Retreat, field trips, etc. for children and youth;
Lock-ins for youth, game/movie nights for children, etc.
• Participate in the planning and coordination of Confirmation classes for youth, with the Senior Pastor;
• Work with the Sunday School Superintendent to provide a quality Christian education for Children and Youth;
• Resource the Saint Andrews Christian Preschool, as needed.
• Provide nurture and recognition during transitional times (beginning school, graduation, etc.);
• Provide basic pastoral care to children and youth and their families;
Salary: This is a 30 hour per week salaried position with a starting annual salary of $30,000.