The Director of Discipleship Ministries, working with church leadership, will provide leadership and coordination for ministries that support Seaside’s vision in which children, youth, families and adults grow together in faith. The Director will provide leadership, guidance and resourcing for existing and emerging ministries of discipleship in areas including, but not limited to the Ministry Areas of Outreach, Spiritual Formation/Education, Welcoming, Youth/Children, Hospitality and Fellowship, and other areas as directed by the Pastors or Staff Parish Relations Committee. This position may also be called upon to participate in Worship Leadership, including preaching, if directed by the Pastors. A full job description is available upon request.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education or Religious Studies with 3-5 years
• Ordination in the UMC not required but commissioned or ordained deacons in the
UMC may be given preference
• Master’s of Divinity Degree is a plus
The Director of Discipleship Ministries is a full time, exempt position.
• Salary $40,000/year. Health stipend may be available. No additional benefits.
• Maintains regular Office Hours Monday -Thursday with Sunday to include
Worship and approved activities planned through Ministry Teams
• Hours and schedule may vary from day to day and include evenings and attendance
• “On Call” for pastoral care duties particularly when Pastors are away