The Director of Contemporary Worship is responsible for leading passion heartfelt worship music and working with the pastor and the worship team to lead a Christ-centered worship service.
1. Be committed to the vision, mission and strategy of Harbor UMC
2. Model a life of Christian discipleship through personal lifestyle and personal spiritual growth
3. Be active in Harbor ministries
4. Direct the Praise Band in rehearsal
5. Select, order, and schedule music in coordination with pastoral staff and sermon theme
6. Motivate and recruit church members for music program
7. Participate in the creative planning and musical selections for Sunday worship and special services. (Design Team for Modern and Contemporary Worship services)
8. Coordinate all aspects of audio and visual arts, including sound system, video presentation, and special multi-sensory worship needs for the Modern service.
9. Maintain musical instruments owned by Harbor UMC
10. Coordinate in-house and guest performers including substitute musicians when necessary
11. Coordinate receiving/reporting of license to abide by copyright laws
13. Attend regular church council and worship committee meetings
14. Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned