The Director of Contemporary Music will be responsible for the development and directing of contemporary worship music. The Director is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and leading singers, musicians, and the congregation in musical worship. The ability to produce and direct special musical events, concerts, plays, programs will be helpful. Being a strong supportive team member is essential.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred, emphasis on church music ministry and/or other equivalent experience.
2. Ability to play a musical instrument and sing desired.
3. Previous professional church music experience desired.
4. Leadership experience.
5. Proven team player who can work well with the staff, musicians, and the congregation.
6. Familiarity with United Methodist doctrine.
1. Direct the Praise Band in rehearsal.
2. Direct Praise Team/singers and conduct rehearsal.
3. Select, order, and schedule music in coordination with pastoral staff and sermon theme.
4. Motivate and recruit church members for music program.
5. Participate in the creative planning and musical selections for Sunday worship and special services. (Design Team for Contemporary Worship)
6. Coordinate all aspects of audio and visual arts, including sound system, video presentation, and special multi-sensory worship needs for Contemporary service.
7. Maintain musical instruments owned by Harbor UMC.
8. Coordinate in-house and guest performers including substitute musicians when necessary.
9. Coordinate receiving/reporting of license to abide by copyright laws.
Communicate to singers, musicians, and staff regarding rehearsal and service schedules.