The Director of Communication is to oversee the communications and marketing aspects, audio/visual aspects, and technical components of the church’s ministries.
• Develop and implement MUMC’s internal and external communications plan, including preparing and administering the budget for the plan
• Establish MUMC’s Communication Policies and Procedures.
• Manage all aspects of MUMC’s primary and related websites and analyze trends to develop a plan for continued growth
• Create, manage, and analyze multiple channels of social media including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Produce creative and effective videos for use in worship and marketing
• Oversee worship services audio and video usage
• Work with Administrative Assistant, Director of Worship/Music, and others as needed to provide the best possible design for all church publications, advertisements, website, and audio/video support.
• Works with team members to produce resources for worship services and events.
• Create communication strategies to market, inform and promote teaching series, big events, and other campaigns related to the future and/or life within the community/church
• Record and post-produce weekly sermon Podcast and post to provider within 36 hours of Sunday service. Be responsible for providing duplicates of recordings of worship and programs as needed.
• Recruit, train and lead volunteers/teams such as audio/video, designers, photographers, artists and writers and works with them to identify new opportunities to reinforce the place/identity/brand of MUMC in the community
• Direct and monitor design of all promotional