Director of Communications & Operations
Sunrise UMC – Holly Springs, NC
Full job description at mysunrise.org
The Director of Communications & Operations will perform broad administrative functions for the church, as well as oversee key communications, including Sunrise’s weekly e-newsletter and website.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Maintaining consistent weekly office hours (with flexibility for personal and family needs), ideally 9am-12pm or 9am-2pm, Monday thru Thursday.
● Providing a kind, welcoming, and consistent office presence during stated office hours, particularly including hours that the preschool is in operation.
● Participating in weekly staff meetings.
● Communicating and coordinating with different approved groups that use our facility.
● Managing the church-wide calendar (via Google Calendar) to ensure current content and to prevent overlapping events with Sunrise and various community groups.
● Maintaining an effective filing/organizational system for church documents.
● Maintaining and updating church databases and records.
● Assisting with Charge Conference Forms and other church documentation, as needed.
● Managing shared staff files (via Google Drive).
● Ordering office/church equipment and supplies.
● Coordinating facility maintenance appointments in consultation with the Trustees.
● Receiving, compiling, entering, and distributing information for our weekly e-newsletter (via MailChimp).
● Updating content on programs, events, etc. on the church website (via WordPress).
● Updating weekly liturgy and lyrics for worship services in Pro Presenter 6.0