Director of Communications and Annual Fund
Location: Raleigh, NC
ZOE Ministry is a Christ-Centered ministry based in the United Methodist Church specializing in empowering orphans and child-headed households in Africa through sharing the gospel and equipping them with life skills necessary to escape the cycles of dependency and poverty and live self-reliant lives.
Plan, coordinate, and implement a comprehensive communication program promoting the work of ZOE Ministry to new constituents and deepening connections with current supporters to ZOE’s mission. Manage all aspects of the Annual Fund including thanking donors, increasing support through greater understanding of the ministry, and actively identifying and soliciting new Annual Fund donors. Salary is commensurate with experience and competitive with non-profits.
- Ensure that ZOE has a consistent brand which is carried through all communications: web, printed material, audio/visual material, and press releases.
- Coordinate the capturing and recording of ZOE stories and communicate those stories to further educate and connect supporters and potential supporters to the work of ZOE; including a special emphasis on resourcing Hope Companion supporters to connect with the specific working groups they sponsor.
- Increase the visibility of ZOE Ministry through United Methodist and other Christian publications; web sites, and various multi-media outlets.
- Lead at least two ZOE trips to Africa per year. This will include participation in the strategic recruiting of these teams. With the Director of Church Relations and Strategic Planning, develop comprehensive information to educate volunteers who participate in trips, equipping them upon their return to serve as ambassadors for ZOE.
- Plan, coordinate, develop content for, and oversee design and maintenance of, the ZOE Ministry website.
- Develop and maintain accessible systems to archive materials and stories for consistency, staff and volunteer use, promotional materials, and future projects.
- Assist the staff with technology needs.
- Work with the Executive Director and Director of Church Relations and Strategic Planning in writing, planning, and creating materials for ZOE supporters including prayer updates, giving statements, invitations, specialized giving cards, presentation materials, videos, and other publications.
- Oversee and disburse mass communications and public relations materials such as clothing with logos, donor gifts, and brochures.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of fund raising activities and programs promoting the concept of Annual Giving including special solicitation materials and campaign aids; coordinate mass mailings and contacts with potential contributors.
- Assist as needed in coordinating and planning fund raising events led by other staff or volunteers such as the Annual HOPE Walk and fundraising breakfasts.
- Maintain records of solicitations and responses and prepare special reports and analyses illustrating current contribution trends, degree of goal achievement using Raiser’s Edge software and offer appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Enlist and manage volunteer workers in various aspects of ZOE’s fundraising work.
- With the Director of Church Relations and Strategic Planning, develop a system of capturing information from, and following up with, potential donors attending ZOE church/group presentations.
- Develop and manage seasonal ZOE resources including the Christmas animal program, Lenten devotional guides, and gift recognition cards.
- Manage a system for acknowledging all gifts in a timely manner, convey information to donors for how to increase giving or involve one’s church/group in ZOE.
- Ensure pertinent donor information is correctly entered in ZOE’s donor database.
Education/Training: Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program.
Experience: Work requires a minimum of five years of experience in fundraising, communications, public relations, marketing, or related fields to acquire skills necessary to administer and coordinate communication and fund raising activities.
- Proficiency with technology and familiarity with web design and maintenance, and video editing at an advanced amateur level are helpful.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to travel internationally and work occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfort with leading mission groups.
- Strong initiative, creativity, and attention to detail.
- High energy level, sense of humor, commitment to the core principals of ZOE Ministry, and flexibility are a must.
- Proven skills at producing clear and creative visual resources.
- Proven skills at fundraising or marketing.
- Candidate must be actively involved in a church fellowship.
E-mail resumes to: email@example.com