Position Type: Full Time
Are you looking to join and work for a small community church that in a rapidly growing area? Do you feel the calling of God to help bring children and youth to Christ? If so, then let us welcome you to Salem United Methodist Church in Simpson, NC; a suburb of Greenville, NC, one of the fastest growing cities in North Carolina.
At Salem, we like to consider ourselves “The Heart of Simpson”. It is more than the fact that we are in the middle of town, but our many and varied missions help to truly make us a center of the community. Located outside of Greenville, the home of East Carolina University, Simpson is a growing community thanks to the university and Vidant Medical Center.
• Organize and lead youth (6th to 12th grades)
• Organize a weekly children’s program for school age children (K4J)
• Lead and coordinate holiday programs and vacation Bible School
• Encourage participation by children and youth in United Methodist Conference and District programs – Develop a team of volunteers to help assist with youth programs
• Follow the guidelines established by the Staff Parish Relations Committee
• Freedom to develop other programs the Director of Children & Youth deems necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned by Pastor and/or Church Council
Follow link below to find out more.