Saint Andrews is a 650-member United Methodist congregation located in Garner, NC. We’re looking for a faithful, motivated Christian who loves children and their parents.
• Lead the Children’s Ministry Council in planning, organizing, and coordinating Children’s Ministry;
• Recruit, equip, and train teachers and volunteers for Children’s Ministry;
• Coordinate and participate in Children’s Church (WOW) on Sunday morning and Sunday evening Children’s Ministry programs;
• Develop and coordinate special programs for Children including, but not limited to:
An annual Vacation Bible School Program;
Annual programs during Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter;
An annual Back to School event for children;
Outings such as field trips for children and overnight retreats for rising 6th graders;
Game/movie nights for children, etc.
• Provide nurture and recognition during transitional times (beginning school, etc.);
• A minimum of 2 years combined college and personal experience in Christian ministry with children;
• United Methodist background preferred.
This position averages 10 hr/wk with responsibilities most Sundays.
Salary: Starts at $10,000/yr