DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES for Porterfield Memorial United Methodist Church, a 2800 member congregation in Albany, Georgia
The children’s director is responsible for planning and implementing all programming for children ages two years through 5th grade. The various programs and job responsibilities are listed below. This is a full-time position.
• Planning, recruiting and implementation of Children’s Sunday School.
• Enforcing the Safe Sanctuaries policy in all areas of children’s ministry
• Recruit, plan and implement all Children’s After School Programs—Including F.F.G.O. (For Fifth Grade Only) and Wonderful Wednesday.
• Communicate with parents and volunteers on a regular basis with updates on these programs and any activities.
• Recruit, plan and implement activities for children during the Wednesday Night Fellowship Supper program.
• Plan overnight trips for children’s ministry, as well as, recruit and train volunteers to help with the trips. Oversee the trips from beginning to end.
• The Children’s Director is the staff liaison to the Porterfield Day School. Those responsibilities include attending Board meetings and working with the PDS Director on any issues going on at the Day School.
• The Director is a support for the Nursery Directors and will assist with planning/help, if needed, for the Wednesday Day Away program, Oceans of Fun and/or the nursery staff.
• 3rd grade Bible presentations, Palm Sunday processional, Easter Egg Hunt, and Vacation Bible School.
Deadline to submit resume/cover letter: Monday, June 15, 2015
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com with “Porterfield Director of Children’s Ministries” in the subject line.