Located in a suburban area of Tampa, Florida, Lake Magdalene United Methodist Church (http://lmumc.org/) is a well-established, conservative, United Methodist congregation. Lake Magdalene proclaims this vision: Experience God. Find Community. Grow Together. The church is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries that will provide dynamic leadership to all programs for children birth through fifth grade and collaborate with ministry teams to provide faith formation opportunities for families. Lake Magdalene is looking for a candidate who:
– Has a growing Christian faith and traditional theology
– Has experience recruiting, equipping, and developing volunteer teams
– Has strong communication and organizational skills and is a team player
– Has the ability to create an environment that facilitates children’s growth in faith
– Has the ability to collaborate with relevant staff, volunteers, and ministry teams to provide faith formation opportunities for families
Qualifications for this position include strong relational, communication, and organizational skills and an excitement for presenting Jesus to children and their families. A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field is preferred. Candidates should also have a minimum of three years in leading a children’s ministry. Resumes, along with a cover letter, can be sent to Pastor Brent Byerman (firstname.lastname@example.org).