Serves as lead coordinator and resource for all children’s and program ministries at Westminster United Methodist Church (“WUMC”).
To lead, resource, develop, implement, and coordinate the children’s and overall program ministries of WUMC in a way that leads people to Christ Jesus, accomplishes the church’s educational ministry, and enhances others in their walk with our Savior and Lord.
1. A minimum of an Associate Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) or 5 years of equivalent experience.
2. North Carolina Class C Driver License; willingness and ability to drive church van and/or church bus.
1. Demonstrated organization, leadership, management, and directing skills.
2. Working knowledge of The United Methodist Church, its history, resources, and expectations.
3. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills including computer literacy.
4. Demonstrated ability to solicit, obtain, and train volunteers.
5. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with pastor, staff, leaders, volunteers, and congregation and to work with all ages groups, particularly children.
Faith and Personal Life:
The faith and personal life of the Director of Children’s and Program Ministries at WUMC is:
1. A commitment to faith in one God as revealed in the Bible as Father, Son, Holy Spirit and as expressed in the Apostles Creed.
2. A commitment to and a study of the Bible as the written Word of God.
3. A commitment to a personal devotional and prayer life.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Visit the church website for a detailed job description. www.westminsterumc.net