Hay Street United Methodist Church
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred. The ideal candidate should have three years of work experience related to children and youth, a genuine love of Jesus Christ grounded in the Wesleyan theology of the United Methodist Church, and a calling and passion to work with children and youth. The candidate must be spiritually mature, self-confident, courageous, enthusiastic, friendly, possess high integrity, a positive personality, and strong character. The candidate should have solid networking, organizational, administrative, and teaching skills. We are seeking a team player with an ability to effectively recruit, train, and celebrate children, youth, families, and volunteers.
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to build young disciples of Jesus Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to children and youth ministries (preK-12th grade).
• Advocating for children and youth, representing their concerns, hopes, and needs.
• Coaching, mentoring, and inspiring children and youth to live into their full potential.
• Building relationships with families and internal/external stakeholders.
• Faithfully promoting our ministries both internally and externally, emphasizing the spiritual and relational benefits of connecting with Hay Street UMC’s ministries.
• Coordinating a top-quality Christian discipleship program to build the faith of children and youth, helping them grow in grace as they strive to follow Jesus Christ.
• Identifying, implementing, and evaluating age-appropriate curriculum