The people of Edenton Street, United Methodist Church (esumc.org) have worshiped God on the corner of Edenton and Dawson streets in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina since 1811. Since our founding, Edenton Street has shared fully in the life of this community and the nation, both in times of prosperity and in the impacts of Civil War, two World Wars and other conflicts, and the Great Depression. For over two centuries, Edenton Street has sought to faithfully fulfill its mission: “sharing Christ from the heart of Raleigh”.
We are seeking a full-time Director of Children and Parent Ministries who will lead and continue to grow our vision for empowering, educating, caring for connecting both parents and children and Christian discipleship. In our ministry to parents, empower parents to see themselves as the nucleus of their Christian home by way of seminars, devotions, classes; care for parents who Christian nurture in short-term counsel; connect parents to one another for ongoing lifelong support through such means as small groups and Sunday school. In our ministry to children, envision compelling environment of age-appropriate radical hospitality; communicate the message of Christ through age-appropriate curriculum and programs; recruit, train, and maintain a Christian community of teachers, servant volunteers, and mentors; foster Christian community through age level groups.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study (Christian Education, Early Childhood Development, etc.)
- Master’s is a plus
- Well-versed/experience in the “Think Orange” philosophy of Christian partnership
- 3 or more years experience in Children’s Ministry, including prior leadership/management experience
- A passion for leading the church to partner with parents
- Proven ability to recruit, lead and care for servant teams and other volunteer teams
- Creativity, self-motivation and resourcefulness, with recognized ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication and interpersonal skills
To express your interest in this opportunity and to be considered, submit your Word formatted letter of introduction and resume to email@example.com or mail to Art Burke, Edenton Street United Methodist Church, 228 W. Edenton St., Raleigh, NC27603. Include Director of Children and Parent Ministries in the subject line of your email or letter. All replies will be held in the strictest confidence. No phone calls, please.