Providence United Methodist Church Director of Children and Family Ministries (FT)
This position provides leadership and strategic vision and acts as key communicator for our Children and Family Ministries. This includes developing, implementing and executing programs and providing direction to staff and volunteers connected with Children and Family Ministries, working directly with the Children’s Council, and shepherding children from birth through fifth grade while providing discipleship essentials for families. This position delivers visibly with regular presence on Sunday Mornings, Wednesday evenings and for all children’s programs.
The Director of Children and Families Ministries is responsible for the following:
• Coordinate the planning and implementation of a comprehensive Christian Education ministry for children.
• Identify, nurture, and equip laity for leadership and service within these ministries.
• Foster the healthy physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of all children in Children’s Ministry (infant – 5th grade).
• Prepare and manage a budget for these ministries.
• Create special events for children and families.
• A bachelor’s degree and experience and training in the field of Christian Education and/or Early Childhood Education is strongly preferred.
• Commitment to and readiness to share in fulfilling the vision and mission of Providence UMC.
• Able and willing to work with a servant attitude in a cooperative, team spirit.
• Consistently interact with staff, congregants, and the public with warmth and hospitality.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.