Position – Director of Music Ministries Full Time, Salaried, Program Staff position
• A strong belief in Christian values and confesses Jesus Christ as Savior.
• Knowledge of the history, beliefs, and musical customs of the United Methodist Church.
• Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent musical training and experience.
• A history of excellence in church music performance and administration, preferably within mainline Protestant denominations.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with adults, youth, and children.
• Comprehensive knowledge in the field of Christian music.
• Work closely, as a team player, with the Pastor(s), staff, musicians, and others in all matters pertaining to music planning and scheduling.
• Provide or secure all music and musicians for worship services throughout the year, including Sunday Worship (currently 3 morning services), Christmas Eve, Lenten services, Holy Week services (such as Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunrise), and special services (such as wedding, funeral or memorial services) as needed.
• Promote and arrange for special music for times such as Sunday worship, Concert Series, and other activities.
• Oversee current music groups as well as seek to expand the membership and types of groups.
• Organize, rehearse, and direct, or arrange for direction of the Chancel Choir, Contemporary Worship Team, Handbell Choir, Children’s Music, and Worship
A complete job description with application information is available on our http://whatis1st.com/employment-opportunities.