The Director of Education and Mission is a coordinating position that oversees the ministries of Education and Mission at First United Methodist Church. In the spirit of Ephesians 4, they will recruit, equip, and empower respective ministry leaders and teams and collaboratively discern, articulate and implement vision and strategy for congregational discipleship and missional engagement. The models and emphases of permission giving leadership, volunteer development, influential multiplication, and leader/team empowerment are practices of premium for this position.
The Director of Education and Mission will oversee the Education Ministry of First UMC. They must have experience leading discipleship ministries within the local church. Working with leaders and teams, the Director of Education and Ministry will coordinate ministries with Children, Youth and Adults.
The Director of Education and Mission will provide collaborative leadership with ministry leaders and teams to enhance the internal serving ministry and external mission participation of First UMC.
• Bachelor’s Degree with preference toward an advanced degree related to theological studies
• Alignment with beliefs and practices of the UMC
• Experience working in Children or Youth Ministry preferred
• Positive attitude and excellent socialization skills
• Strong desire to develop and work with a team