Swansboro United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Christian Education. We are a thriving 1,500 member church located on the beautiful Crystal Coast of North Carolina. The DCE will coordinate a ministry of Christian Education with volunteers so that children, youth and adults are introduced to Jesus Christ and nurtured as disciples to follow Christ and love their neighbors. This is a full-time salaried position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Strong candidates will possess:
• Excellent leadership skills.
• The ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• The ability to multi-task.
• A passion for youth and working with young people — empowering people in service, mission, and discipleship.
• The capacity to recruit, equip, supervise, and work collaboratively with volunteers.
• The ability to work well in a team environment.
• A person with a strong spiritual foundation committed to Jesus Christ and to the church.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or 2 – 3 years comparable experience.
• Experience in ministry with children, youth, and adults is preferred.
• Graduate studies in Christian Education is welcomed.
• Understanding and support of The United Methodist Church’s doctrine in all areas of faith and practice is expected.
For a full job description please visit swansboroumc.org and click the “Employment Opportunities” tab. Resumes may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.