First United Methodist Church West Memphis (www.fumcwm.com) of West Memphis, AR is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry. West Memphis is only a 15 minute commute from the bustling city of Memphis, TN. The Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry will develop spiritual and faith resources for children and youth and their families within the United Methodist tradition. This includes the primary responsibility for equipping volunteers with children and youth to serve with confidence and to build a sustainable ministry.
Essential functions for this position include:
● Work in coordination with the children’s ministry committee and youth ministry committee as they manage the overarching priorities of their ministries
● Build relationships and networks with volunteers, church staff, parents and community members for the advancement of the ministry mission
● Recruit and equip volunteers
Qualifications for this position are:
● A growing and personal relationship with Christ
● A bachelor degree
● Three years of experience in working with children and/or youth
● Proven success in the recruitment, development and management of volunteers
● Excellent communication skills through all media (oral, written, digital, etc.)
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.