Tabernacle UMC Director of Children’s Programs PT (20 hr)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: To help build and supervise a program providing for the total Christian Education needs of Tabernacle United Methodist Church, Northern Piedmont District and Western North Carolina Conference. He/she will serve as enabler to help guide, develop, and train local church leaders and to be a coworker with other professional staff in developing a church program to meet the needs of the congregation and the community in keeping with the mission, vision and values of Tabernacle United Methodist Church.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to support the mission, vision, and values of Tabernacle United Methodist Church, Northern Piedmont District and Western North Carolina Conference required.
• Knowledge to provide resources to shape, mold, form, reform and transform the human soul for and into the likeness of Jesus of Nazareth.
• Bachelor’s degree in Christian Education is preferred, however, consideration can be given to a candidate with applicable teaching experience.
• 1 – 2 years experience in at least one previous church or similar experience is required.
• Operation of a computer for email and social media communication is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary Supervision of the Christian Education Program
• Vacation Bible School
• Continuing Education