Position Description: The Director of Children’s Ministry is called to facilitate a meaningful, consistent, dynamic children’s ministry and recognizes that children are full participants in the kingdom of God. The Director is expected to enjoy a personal, active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ, is energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus with children and their families, and is comfortable visiting with and developing friendly relationships with children’s families, other church members, and staff.
● Define a theological orientation for GUMC’S children’s ministry
● Coordinate all child-focused ministries with overall mission of GUMC
● Work with Children’s Council, parents, pastors, and SPRC
● Develop and maintain the Children’s Ministry budget and quarterly calendar
● Adhere to the GUMC Safe Sanctuaries guidelines
• Demonstrated skills as a highly capable early childhood educator
• Able to guide and assist selection of age-appropriate protestant education materials
• Capable of recruiting, managing and retaining a dynamic volunteer pool
• Capable leading GUMC’s Children’s Council
• Comfortable with public speaking
Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education, early childhood or elementary specialization, children’s ministries, or similar. Experience preferred. Knowledge and experience in United Methodist denomination, child and faith development, and religious educational theory and practice preferred.
Salary: Market-based and commensurate with qualifications
Apply: Send resume by February 16, 2018 to email@example.com
20-25 hrs/wk, Reports to Senior Pastor