Position Status: Salaried, Full Time (Exempt)
PURPOSE: Develop and implement a vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry ages birth through 5th grade in order to provide a safe, Christian environment that encourages all children to learn about and to develop a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ; offers opportunities for multi-age participation in socials, fellowship, community service, and outreach; and encourages and equips parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Lead the Children’s ministries program including review of current programs, initiation of new and innovative programs and oversight of Sunday, weekday, on-going, seasonal, and special programs
2. Nurture, resource, equip and shepherd a network of spiritually gifted coaches, leaders, mentors, and apprentices who can disciple children toward spiritual maturity
3. Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and age level that progressively deepens children’s spiritual development
4. Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
5. Work with pastoral staff to provide care for children and families within the church.
6. Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
7. Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
8. Communicate consistently with parents and congregation on Children’s Ministry issues and events.
9. Schedule and chair monthly Children’s Council meeting