Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Full Time Position
The Director of Children and Youth Ministries is committed to love, nurture, inspire and equip our children and youth to be faithful, lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ who reach out to the community and beyond. This will include evangelism, relationship building and other ministry involvement that serves to attract children, youth and their parents to Salem United Methodist Church and ultimately to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
Minimum Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• A mature, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a well established life of spiritual disciplines.
• A call to full time ministry.
• An alignment with the beliefs and practices of orthodox Christian theology based upon the Scriptures and the Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church.
• A passion for working with children, youth and parents.
• A display of such desirable qualities as teamwork, cooperation, dependability, organization, hard work, respect, staff loyalty, and a teachable spirit.
• Develop, implement and direct programs for the children and youth of our church and local area that will promote spiritual growth and wholesome activity. Teach the importance of both home and international missions in the church. Plan and lead mission activities/service projects for children and youth to participate both in the community and beyond.
• Oversee and have a regular presence in children and youth ministry activities (e.g. Nursery, Sunday School, Children’s Moment, Children’s Church, Kids 4 Jesus, Confirmation, Reach42 and events) offering direction, support and guidance.