St. Paul United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Children & Family Ministries. The full-time Director will have a passion for working with children, their families, and the congregation at-large to embody the mission of St. Paul UMC as a place where Christians “engage head, heart, and hands in love of God and others.” The Children’s Ministries of St. Paul UMC include children (birth – 4th grade) and their families.
• Design, implement, and continue to build upon existing children and family ministry opportunities that integrate relationship building, growth in faith, and enthusiasm/fun.
• Design and coordinate an intentional plan for children’s faith formation including: Sunday morning opportunities, monthly and bi-monthly large group gatherings, and other events.
• Develop and train leaders who will to participate in the planning and execution of children’s and family ministries.
• Plan and coordinate ministry and faith formation opportunities for families of all kinds. Minister to the children and families in times of celebration and/or need.
• Plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee childcare volunteers for church events.
• Collaborate with church staff and key lay leaders to integrate the children’s and family ministries with the overall life of the church.
• Collaborate with the Director of Student Ministries to create a long-term, coherent, and sustainable growth and Christian education plan for all children and youth.
A successful candidate will have:
• Passion for walking alongside and developing the faith of children and families at all spiritual maturity levels
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience.