Summary Job Description: We are looking for someone who feels called by God to the ministry of music, has demonstrated choir experience, exceptional enthusiasm, and brings a creative, innovative spirit to our church and music programs. We seek someone who is a natural communicator, embraces collaboration, and will effectively challenge and grow our choir members and music participants. Our successful candidate must create an atmosphere where the worship service and the music ministry work together to glorify Jesus Christ and expand the faith of our congregation, as well as the larger community.
Primary Responsibilities: Oversee and manage an adult choir (35-45 members), two children’s choirs, adult handbell choir (5 octaves), men’s and women’s vocal ensembles, two Sunday morning traditional services, weekly adult choir rehearsal. Work collaboratively with the Senior Pastor, Assistant Pastor, organist, pianist, and volunteer committees to present services that provide spiritual growth for choir members, congregations, and the broader community.
• Minimum B.A. in Music or Choir Conduction
• 3-5 years of experience in choral direction in a Christian environment
• Proficiency in organ, piano, or other instruments
• Successful criminal background check for Safe Sanctuaries policy and abide by South Georgia United Methodist Church Sexual Ethics Standards.
Application Package Requirements
• Cover Letter
• Detailed resume
• List of references, both professional and personal (3 required)
• Two video recordings of choral direction
• One video recording of instrument performance (organ, piano, or other)