St. James United Methodist Church is seeking an experienced Custodian/Janitor for part-time evening hours. The duties will include cleaning and maintaining assigned area(s) and moving tables and chairs to meet the needs of events and meetings.
• Maintains a clean and orderly environment to protect the safety and health of others
• Properly cleans and maintains housekeeping equipment
• Cleans assigned areas to St. James UMC’s standards and requirements
• Follows procedures for storage and disposal of trash and transports it to designated areas
• Reports maintenance concerns via work order requests to the facility manager
• Secures the facility, ensuring building is locked/unlocked as required
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Facility Manager
• Previous custodial experience preferred
• Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling greater than 50 lbs.
• Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks and exposure to hazardous chemicals
• Hours are Monday-Thursday, and Saturday, 8:00pm – 12am
• No prior experience necessary-position requires manual labor
• Need to be able to pass drug & back ground screening
Interested applicants may email a resume to Tyrone@stjconnect.org, or mail or bring a resume to St. James UMC, 2000 E. 6th Street, Greenville, 27858 between the hours of 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri. Questions or for more info call 252-752-6154 during church office hours.