The custodian is a part-time (25-30 hours) position and reports to the Pastor of Hampstead UMC. The custodian will maintain tasks as listed in the summary of specific job responsibilities on a daily basis:
• Maintain clean church facilities by performing weekly duties (i.e. vacuum, sweep, scrub floors, and sanitize) and daily spot cleaning in all public areas of the buildings, including bathrooms, sanctuary, kitchens, and meeting rooms.
• Work with other maintenance team members and church staff to ensure all areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
• Observe proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and follow written or verbal instructions.
• Assist with event preparation and clean up (i.e. wedding and funerals).
• Maintains and monitors inventory of cleaning and other supplies. Submit requests to Administrative Assistant when items need to be replenished.
Job Contact InformationName: Taryn Henderson
Phone: (703) 798-8405