Contemporary Worship/Music Leader needed for large, active church in Southern Village, south of Chapel Hill. Primary responsibility is to lead music for two weekly contemporary worship services, Sundays at 8:30 a.m. and 7 p.m., plus other special services throughout the year.
Qualifications: Education and/or experience in leading worship. Ability to play piano and/or guitar, and lead singing. Ability to gather and lead volunteer musicians.
1. Select music for worship – pre-worship gathering music, offering music, special music (e.g. Communion, Reflection), congregational hymns/songs, post-worship music.
2. Choose songs with an emphasis on theme each Sunday, in collaboration with the preacher.
3. Recruit and equip volunteers for the bands, and maintain regular communication with musicians.
4. Lead weekly rehearsals with bands.
5. Set-up prior to worship on Sundays.
6. Participate in worship planning with other staff and visioning teams.
6. Coordinate with sound and video volunteers for 8:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. services.
6. Coordinate substitute coverage when needed.
7. Find and learn new songs.
8. Pray for the band.
This position is 20 hours per week, including Sunday rehearsals and worship services, and weekday evening rehearsals. If you are interested in this position please send your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!