The Contemporary Worship Leader is responsible for all aspects of the worship and music experience for the contemporary service. In concert with the Pastors and the Music and Worship Arts Director, they plan and lead music selection and execution, and oversee all associated A/V aspects to ensure a high level of excellence in all elements of worship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Maintain a strong, well-balanced praise team by recruiting, training, managing, and retaining volunteer and paid singers/musicians. Direct members of praise team and A/V support, lead all rehearsals, and organize music for contemporary service.
– Be available to support other ministries or special services on a periodic basis at the discretion of the Music and Worship Arts Director.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree preferred; appropriate musical or theological studies/degree preferred.
– Minimum five years of relevant experience working in music/worship leadership.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with members of the congregation, guests and external community partners. Must be comfortable in front of a large crowd and engaging with congregation.
– Must be able to work under pressure and meet objectives, while maintaining a positive attitude.
– Strong organizational and time management skills (planning, creating/keeping deadlines, decision making, delegation, etc.)
With your application, please submit a cover letter, detailed resume, references, and video recording(s) of worship services and/or individual vocal or instrumental performances.