Part-Time Position (~20-25 hours per week)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Using personal skill and talents, recruit, train, organize and motivate volunteers and paid musicians to provide musical support for the contemporary service that will enhance the worship experience for the congregation of members and guests. In concert with the Pastor’s lead, support worship planning and delivery. In concert with the Director of Music Ministry and Pastor’s, support special services as requested, and other ministries by providing appropriate contemporary musical support. Direct paid musicians, as required, in their respective areas of responsibility. Responsible to provide worship support materials including items such as slides for congregational participation.
– Volunteer Involvement
– Music Selection
– Special Programs/Seasonal Events
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in music preferred; appropriate theological studies/degree preferred.
– Five-plus years of relevant experience working with adults in music/worship leadership.
– Excellent organizational, verbal/ written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external members and guests individually or in groups.
– Must be able to work under pressure and meet objectives, while maintaining a positive attitude.
– Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion