Wesleyan Chapel UMC in Wilmington, NC is hiring a Contemporary Worship Director.
General – as a staff team member of Wesleyan Chapel UMC, one is expected to be fully supportive of furthering the mission of the UMC “to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world” and of Wesleyan Chapel “to grow together in Christ to produce his fruit” and to support the core values of Vibrant Worship, Intentional Outreach, Nurturing Hospitality and Empowering Disciples (VINE). This ministry is primarily accountable under Vibrant Worship.
Worship – The Contemporary Music Director leads the 9:45 service in contemporary worship music each Sunday. This involves collaboration with the Associate Pastor primarily as well as Lead Pastor and Traditional Music Director and other church leadership in worship and in various church functions, activities, and planning.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Choosing worship music that corresponds with the Pastor’s messages and promotes passionate, meaningful worship.
• Recruiting, organizing, and scheduling musicians, sound technicians, and media technicians to serve on the contemporary worship team.
• Leading a weekly rehearsal.
• Finding/creating chord charts and arrangements of worship songs and other Christian music.
• Being an active participant in WCUMC Worship Planning and in the Vibrant Worship ministry.
• Collaborating with Church Staff and Servants for special worship functions including Christmas and Easter Cantatas, Blended Community Sunday Worship Services, Benefit Events/Concerts, Children’s Musicals, and other church functions.
• Collaborating with church leaders