Position Summary: Provides leadership, strategic vision and acts as key communicator voice for our church. A key staff member fully immersed in the programs, ministries, people and culture of Providence United Methodist Church. Responsibilities include developing, implementing and executing an omnichannel, story-based communication message which furthers the mission and vision of PUMC.
• Commitment to fulfilling the vision and mission of Providence United Methodist Church (PUMC).
• Creative thinking with a clear understanding of the importance of communication in various forms and media in furthering the vision and mission of the church.
• Warm and hospitable interaction with staff, congregation and the public.
• A servant leader attitude with a cooperative, team spirit.
• Maintenance of confidentiality as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field, preferred.
• Minimum of two years of experience in communications and/or marketing.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Proficiency in internet communications and social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
• Proficiency with regard to website and web hosting programs.
• Familiarity with ACS (Automated Church System) or other similar data base program.
• Self-starter with a willingness to take on new tasks and the ability to multi-task.
• Good organizational and project management skills.
• Deadline driven punctuality for completing projects and assignments.
• Commitment to excellence with an attention to detail and accuracy.