Asbury United Methodist Church seeks to be a Christ-centered congregation, focused on growing disciples through small groups. As we enter into a season of rebuilding, we are seeking a communications coordinator to help us engage and invite our community in a new way.
Hours/Week – 10/week, very flexible hours
Compensation – $15-20/hour, depending on experience
Starting Date – August-September, 2018
• Vibrant Christian faith
• Creative gifts for communication and shaping a message
• Willingness to be an active participant in our community
1. Develop an external communications strategy to effectively reach our community with information and an invitation, through:
a. Developing our social media presence as a congregation through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other platforms.
b. Networking about events with our neighborhood through community listserv networks
c. Creating a new church website, and working with volunteers to keep it current and effective.
2. Assist small group leaders to coordinate internal communication through Facebook groups.
3. Coordinate internal congregational communication through regular email updates. Coordinate with Administrative Assistant to ensure that these reach church members who do not use computers.
4. Meet regularly with pastor to advise and shape our message and strategy. Assist pastor in shaping a conversation with our community about matters of consequence in our neighborhood and world.
5. Help develop content through gathering photographs of events and small groups
6. Coordinate communication with denominational and community outlets and resources.
Please send Resume by July 15