OBJECTIVE: To play the piano for the 11:00 a.m. Sunday church services and to Accompany the Chancel Choir and play for other Special Choral/Church services as needed.
• Be a person of good moral character, congenial and willing to cooperate with those to whom responsible, co-workers, church members. And the general public.
• Must be able to perform at a high musical level to provide service to the Chancel Choir, and (when needed), play for other special musical groups.
• Be a person who easily meets and interacts with people of all ages and temperaments, and
• Be able to play at special services, when needed.
• Background checks are required based on the Safe Sanctuary Policy of First United Methodist Church.
1. The Pianist is a lay employee of the church, and therefore approved for employment by the Staff-Parish Relations committee.
2. The Pianist is responsible to the Music Director and Pastor to discharge the duties assigned.
3. Employment relations, special issues or questions concerning employment and compensation shall be under the authority of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
1. The Pianist’s benefits include two (2) weeks of paid vacation annually, after the first 6 months of employment. Time off must be with the minister’s approval. Vacation time should be scheduled in advance so as not to interfere with major church events
2. The Pianist shall earn sick leave at the rate of five (5) days per
year. These days are for illness and may accumulate to the amount of twenty (20) days. These days have no monetary value in case of termination of employment by the person or employer.