• Commitment to the performance of a variety of forms of sacred music for the purpose of glorifying God and promoting an inspiring worship experience.
• Demonstrated experience recruiting and motivating volunteers.
• Adequate education and experience in adult choir direction.
• Work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and responsible to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
• Recruit members for the adult chancel choir.
• Provide direct supervision of the Pianist and logging the Pianist’s attendance.
• Conduct adult choir rehearsals.
• Direct the adult choir at all regular worship services and prepare the choir for occasional special music presentations.
• At the Senior Pastor’s discretion, the Pianist and Choir Director shall jointly select hymns for “Traditional” worship services.
• Maintain the church music library.
• See that all rehearsal and performance instruments are maintained.
• When feasible, be available upon request to direct the choir for funeral services of church members.
• Perform other work and assignments at the direction of the SPRC Chair and/or Senior Pastor.
Salary: This is a 10 hour per week (average) salaried position.