1. Organize, implement and direct the performances of a comprehensive
(Adult, Youth and Children) church music program including choirs, vocal
and/or instrumental ensembles. In tandem with the Pastor and The
Revised Common lectionary, select, prepare and present music to enhance
a blended style of worship.
2. Be present for Sunday worship services and choir practices as well as
special or seasonal worship services and programs (such as Ash Wednesday, Easter Sunrise, Homecoming, Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving, Vacation Bible School, etc.). Plan, organize, promote and present special concerts or programs to enhance the music ministry. Coordinate the availability of the choir and recommend music selections whenever the choir is requested for funerals. (Attendance at funeral services is encouraged, but not required.)
3. Assure any accompanist has received music in advance. Submit music
selection(s) to Pastor and/or bulletin preparer.
4. Ensure the presence of another adult whenever working with a Youth or
5. Organize and oversee maintenance of the music library, materials, supplies,
musical instruments and other equipment useful in the music ministry.
6. Prepare, with assistance from the Music Committee, an annual music
budget reflecting the needs of the entire music program. Administrate the
budget once the church approves it.
7. Serve as a voting member of the Music Committee and as an adviser to the
Worship Committee and the Church Council on matters pertaining to the